Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Prime Goal

I love photography.  It's what I read about when I'm not reading school books, and it's what I do when I go somewhere new and intriguing.  One thing that I've read over and over but never committed to doing is using my prime lens more.  I love the flexibility my kit and zoom lenses give to me, but looking through my photos, the ones I really feel like I nailed were often shot with my prime lens.  It is a 50mm lens, and when the depth of field is perfect, the clarity is fantastic.  So, here, before you all today, I commit to more readily using my awesome prime lens.

These photos, from a session we did of my nieces, were both taken with my 50mm Canon lens.  These girls are beautiful all around.  They are kind, thoughtful, funny, talented, and just plain wonderful.  They melt my heart, and I think the use of this lens truly made the difference in bringing that feeling to life.  

Jenna

and Janie modeling like her big sister

This photo is a bit older and sports a completely different look.  We did a green screen session of Jessie for her Sweet 16 photos.  This, too, was done with the prime and is one of my favorite pictures.  She is deep, intelligent, free-spirited, imaginative, and lovely - another capture from the clarity of the prime.


No comments:

Post a Comment